View Single Post
      04-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #44
Hiigaran
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris View Post
M235i was the best small car BMW ever made...?

1M owners any thoughts on that or did I read it wrong?

Nope just rechecked it says ever made, not currently made.

Great comparison though thanks. As a previous M4 owner though I have to laugh at the notion it takes ages to set up the M4s configurable driving modes, nope it really doesn't, and then you just press a button. when you want it. Not exactly difficult?

good point, thank you for bringing this up

yes, "best small car ever made" is a little bit exaggerated,but 1M is not the best whatsoever, MT is fun, yes, but really drives u crazy in daily driving of big city, and N54 is not that reliable also, during our test drive, 1M's engine error light pops up, "power decrease" or sth, i'm not sure what is it in english version, M2? totally nothing and no-thing at all. we drove them for one whole week, daily commute, track day, slalom event, no nothing error code.

as for M235i, ZF8 is a bit of boring ,but at least it's comfy and fast enough, horsepower is good too, and throttle response also, and it's small enough to follow your steering, it can actually accompanies you for few years, you can't find another car like M235i, not until M2.

i'm not sure how 1Ms are treated in US, but in China, lot of them have been exchange for many time, coz it's not practical at all, ppl just bought them for some fun and find out they can't really handle 1M.

as for M4's setting, yes, you can save the setting in M1/M2 buttons, but to find out which combo suits you the best(or which two), takes a lot of time. You don't need to go through this process with M2, just pick one.

again, ignore any grammar mistakes plz
Appreciate 1