Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I was actually pleasantly surprised when i saw the open weave c/f trim for the first time, reading a lot of people's thoughts i was worried it looked awful but i liked it.
I go back and forth on the open weave CF. It is interesting, less flashy in a way, but I wonder how it will wear. It looks like dust and crumbs and stuff like that could get in there and mess it up.

The weird thing, at least as I understand from a blurb I read somewhere, is that the open weave is more expensive to make than the glossy version, which runs counter to the rest of the M2 vs. M4 vibe...

I assume the MPerformance CF mirror caps, diffusers, exhaust tips and/or spoiler, because they are exposed to the elements, are all glossy and therefore don't match the open weave cockpit CF on the M2. Plus, the current CF manual shift knob that is supposed to fit the M2 is also glossy (which makes sense if you are going to have your hand on it a lot), and won't match, either.

But it does look like the MPerformance steering wheels for the car have open weave trim. I might get me the non-electronic one of those...or try to find a source for the trim piece alone, which looks like it could install in the stock wheel, and save a few hundred bucks...
Very simple. No eating in the car and keep a swiffer next to the ebrake.