07-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #69
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
They can run the N55 until Sept 2019. All cars produced after must meet Euro 6C emissions (the standard goes into effect on 9/18 but you're allowed one year to get existing models into compliance). I don't think you'll see the B58 in this generation M2 considering this gen 2 series is done in 2020.
that's a good point but there are things that can be done to an engine to make it compliant so i wouldn't rule out the N55. It's a fantastic engine and with a new Turbo and intercooler - or even switching to a charge cooler- it would be perfect. It has had all the flaws ironed out since its been around for a while, so it would make sense to keep this N55 engine in use. The B58 is relatively new, and my experience with most things new is there is always a 1-2 year settling in period. However, all that said, i do feel it will be either the B58 or the S55, if i was a betting man i would say the S55 due to it being tried and tested on road and track - and at elevated HP levels.One last thing, i personally think the S55 is as close to the N54 as you can get, this in my eyes is one of the best engines ever.
Appreciate 0