07-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #218
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpdbeemer View Post
Hey San79y thanks for starting this thread. I am trying to resist the M2 given my 235 is barely 9 months old, but finding it hard. This thread has contained a few surprises. None of which have turned me off the M2, quite the reverse.

Like:
No front sensors. huh?
Fuel tank - yeah crazy small size, thought they might have addressed this in the M2.
Instrument lighting. Agreed.
The rev matching..... this for me is almost a deal breaker on a manual M2. The joy of hustling a manual car along quickly, and achieving perfect balance of engine transmission and chassis, in which perfect heel and toeing is essential. It removes one of the challenges of the exercise for me.

So now I am confused over manual or auto. I have driven manuals for years (including several race cars) until the 235. I have enjoyed the auto on the 235 (once I stopped grabbing for the centre stick) much more than expected.
I'm sort of in the same situation as you, except worse, since I've only had my M235i for five months. Having said that, I still really like my M235i a lot. Everytime I drive it, I'm reminded of this. I'm not that surprised at this thread, because they're a lot of things mentioned as annoyances that are on the M235i. I hadn't thought about the sliding armrest, but that does bother me at times. All the other stuff doesn't bother me that much.
Appreciate 0