View Single Post
      05-19-2016, 11:34 AM   #203
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpdbeemer View Post
Hey San79y thanks for starting this thread. I am trying to resist the M2 given my 235 is barely 9 months old, but finding it hard. This thread has contained a few surprises. None of which have turned me off the M2, quite the reverse.

Like:
No front sensors. huh?
Fuel tank - yeah crazy small size, thought they might have addressed this in the M2.
Instrument lighting. Agreed.
The rev matching..... this for me is almost a deal breaker on a manual M2. The joy of hustling a manual car along quickly, and achieving perfect balance of engine transmission and chassis, in which perfect heel and toeing is essential. It removes one of the challenges of the exercise for me.

So now I am confused over manual or auto. I have driven manuals for years (including several race cars) until the 235. I have enjoyed the auto on the 235 (once I stopped grabbing for the centre stick) much more than expected.
If you don't mind taking the hit on the M235 depreciation and the non-discount status of the M2 then why not? I would love to have an M2, but I'm not willing to take the hit just now, maybe for the 2018???

I'm going to upgrade to lighter 19" 19.8 lb. wheels soon so that I can run 235/35 tires in the front and 255/30 in the rear. This should help beef up the M235 handling a bit without suspension mods or changing the gearing. I hope this will stop the nanny from kicking in so often, which drives me crazy. Until then I just use Sport+ and let it slip.
Appreciate 0