m4recruiter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - ED Pick-up 4/29/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I think it has to do where you live.

I have driven cars w/o front license plates plenty of times around where I live and passed cops constantly without getting in trouble for it. All of my cars also have front window, front passenger tinted w/o any trouble. My M4 has 3M Crystalline 60% front, 40% rest. The Macan S has 3M Crystalline as well, 70% front, 40% side window, no front license plate as well.

I should mention I have left my temporary tags on my car since I have received my car and I have never taken it off, hell I never even put on my real license plate. It might be due to the fact that my area has a lot of high end cars w/o front license plates, almost everyone here does that and the cops just don't really care.

Now, I been in Santa Monica ONCE w/ my 328i and I was given a ticket for no front license plate. I don't live there so I just paid it off. Front windshield and two front windows are also tinted, was only 1 ticket for the missing front license plate. It is probably something to do w/ how unlucky you are because I don't rarely see cops pull you over JUST for that. They usually tack on Fix-It tickets when they give you other tickets like speeding or something.

Least for me anyway.
I agree. I have never been stopped specifically for this.

I have been stopped for expired tags, but I expect in many cases expired tags can lead to other issues - "where there's smoke" kind of thing.
2001 E46 325i Touring
Appreciate 0