View Single Post
      11-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #81
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
GT3 great too off course. Stick or PDK whatever, I don't care. But I'm not the biggest '911' fan due to layout, but GT2RS does it for me.

I've never been a real (US)muscle car fan in the first place.....though I'm starting to like them.

I want nimbleness/agility (sort of)...

I forgot the new TVR 5.0 V8 stick and the new Aston Vantage presented today. But they (incl GT3 stick) are nowwhere near as fast as this M2 CSR.

It's just this: M2 is just BMW's best base atm to make a very fast daily/trackcar because of its wheelbase/dimensions/footprint. Hence this M2 CSR. Can't help it.

S55 engine bring it on, with an Akra or something like that.

Cheers
Robin

The limitations of the rear engine layout is very well understood by Porsche as their latest RSR race cars now have a mid-engine layout and I wonder if this will trickle down to the future production 911's.

Some people think that the factory cars are the best but don't seem to understand that factory models have limitations imposed by budgets, profitability, marketing, supplier constraints etc that the tuners don't have. Tuners also can approach how to increase performance of a model in a different angle. Lightweight performance here were fanatical on weight reduction (the motto of Colin Chapman and Gordon Murray amongst others) as much as giving the car more power...

One can argue that this is a closer car to the M3 CSL than the M4 GTS. I hope BMW with their CSL's series will do the right thing and significantly lower the weight of their halo cars...