04-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #77
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
That's basically going to be my setup. Did you notice a difference in turn in before and after camber plates?

Are you running the Schroth Quick Fit Pro from E82/E92 M3?

Thoughts on DTC70 with oem tires? Seems like those pads would easily overwhelm the stock tires.
Camber plates - Didn't do a before (track) so can't really say. The plates cost about the same as 2 new front tires, so I just put them in based on previous BMW experiences. On for street, after alignment at very close to 0- with -2.75, certainly better in roundabouts, but that could've been toe as well as camber. Was all about tire wear for me, but better turn in seems intuitive looking at wear across the whole tire versus just the edge. Just a thought, no proof.

Belts - Yup, those are the ones I'm using. Not certified for the F87 BTW, but clips right in. And out. Nice.

Brakes - Brakes were STRONG all weekend. Bet you could easily engage ABS on the stock Michelins if you wanted to do that, but wasn't an issue I had to manage or even consider. The big discs provide a pretty impressive moment arm for torque, and I'm thinking pad choice will be less critical than my E36, where I needed all the torque I could get. This car stops well. Stock fluid and lines BTW. No issues
Appreciate 0