Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MGM 6MT M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSurge View Post
Interesting. My c63 AMG has lane keep assist and you definitely feel the vibration. Must be a different supplier.
On my 18 LCI, you definitely feel/notice it. But I still class as light vibration.

I try to always signal when I turn and change lanes and I think what happened is that my signaling timing adjusted to avoid the vibration.

I guess I have been trained ;^)

While driving in Germany I had the Driving Assistant kick in briefly two times. Both times were situations when I was going slow in a tight radius turn and there was an oncoming car directly in front of me.

Each time it surprised me and the first time and I really didn't know what happened until I thought about it.

I think would class both as brief but erroneous activations that the software corrected quickly.

Thinking about it after the fact: I can definitely understand why the software did what it did; I don't expect to be in those situations much, especially here in the states; and have decided that minor falses like that are a small price to pay for the added benefit.
Appreciate 0