01-20-2018, 11:00 PM   #27
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojorisinM3 View Post
So I'm down to 3 cars. 2 new and 1 used.

I'll only consider MG, which really limits my choices. It looks aggressive, it never looks dirty, and looks great w the black bits and carbon trim. I wish I could do AW or Blue, as there are many more cars to pick from and I would save some $$$. BUT if there's one thing I've learned, get what you want because it will be expensive to sell if you dont
Don't buy any of them. Don't buy things "under the gun." The savings you are talking about for acting quickly are peanuts. Figure out what it is that you want and then make a considered decision, divorced from some sort of artificial deadline that you are imposing on yourself. Worst case scenario is that it will cost you a thousand or two more, to wait. Plus, buying incentives are frequently offered again, they didn't design them for you personally, they were designed to boost sales.

More likely is that used M2 prices will rationalize under the new-normal of their being enough new M2s on the market that people are no longer motivated to pay too much for a used one because they can't get or will have to wait too long to get a new one.

Alternatively, there will be excess stock of the current/soon-to-be old version of the car with the N55 engine, with some people holding out for the newer version with the S55.

You don't sound to me like someone who really knows what he wants, and in my experience, that is even more likely to result in a purchase you will regret and will then resell. Pause, take a deep breath, consider your options, and then go forward looking for whatever it is that you really want.