03-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #124
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchRacerYo View Post
He didn't say he liked the 1M more. He said the 1M was more of an M car than the M3. That is where our problem began.

I have no issue with someone liking the 1M more than the M3. But to go so far as to say it's more of an M car than the M3 is absurd.

No one doubts that the M3 is a true M car. Many doubt that the 1M is.

Also, you'll notice that most M3 owners DONT like the new F80/F82. So yep, we'll keep our S65s.

Lastly, 50% more torque?

370=50% more than 295?

I guess I'm not very good at math...

From the Motortrend test

"But is it better? Lieberman and I agree: No. This big, heavy, and expensive M3, with its unflappable confidence and lascivious powertrain, is the car we want, the car we'll remember as the best of the naturally aspirated Ms. It's the one we'll tell young gearheads about in a few decades with the same fondness and reverence as given its E30 ancestor. The 1M doesn't measure up to the M3's standard. Few cars do."
Look, I even liked your response and that's all OK. Just don't quote me Motortrend, please, you are shooting yourself on the feet with that.

Actual wheel tq differences are around 50% or more tq yes. 1M makes that advertised tq (at crank) at the wheels and unlike that M3 is not an underrated car. My stock 1M was 29 whp behind a stock M3 on the same dyno, same day, conditions which is very much in line with lots of other documented testimonies on these two cars; hp difference is less than suggested, tq difference on the other hand is more than advertised. Overall effect, is same acceleration if M3 is also equipped with a manual.

There is no need to worship any car, M3 included. In fact, in my opinion F8X is the sixth generation of M3, not fifth; 1M is the fifth but since it was a bastard not granted to carry the family name

Cheers.

p.s. Please before hating a car that you don't understand, read the development story of the 1M, and tell me after that it doesn't carry the M spirit better than most if not all recent cars: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841751
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 03-03-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0