01-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #18
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Do you mean how it differs from the pre-LCI? I don't know that, but if you had E-Sys, you could get an FA from a pre-LCI car and compare the results to find out

If you mean how does it differ from the standard settings in an LCI car, that's what the 'from' parts indicate; 'from' is standard for US LCI executive package cars, 'to' is what you need to change it to, and is based on what changes by removing 8S4 (Variable Light Decoding) from the build in E-Sys.

My understanding is that DOT rules limit the amount the headlights can move around. This, as you probably already know, is the reason we cannot have the tunnelling feature for high beam that they get in the rest of the world.

Before enabling VLD, the dipped beams move, but not much, and mostly only to the right, away from on-coming traffic. After coding, they move A LOT more, both high beam and low.

At some point, I'll upload a video of how well they move from my drive last night captured on my dashcam, but this is going somewhat off topic for this thread - apologies OP!
This sounds Awesome. Thanks.
Appreciate 0