03-26-2024, 08:53 PM   #19
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlin36 View Post
I bought a 29k mile LCI F87 M2 a few months ago and I like the car, but I've very quickly realized it just doesn't feel like it does well in turns.

I am not talking about issues with the steering, but how the actual chassis reacts in corners. It's completely stock and when I push it into any remotely tight turn/curve, the car feels a bit understeery & a lot of body roll/lean for an M car is felt. It's really unsettled and not confidence inspiring.

I have an E36 on Bilstein B12's that flows through the same exact corners like a breeze. Is this normal for stock M2's? I know they're heavier, but not that heavy. Maybe something is wrong with my specific car if nobody can relate to this, but it doesn't seem that way. I haven't located any issues plus the car was PPIed before I bought it.
At this point the best modification you can do is DRIVE IT MORE. Every car has different dynamics just because the car understeered the way you drove it doesn’t mean the problem is with the car—-more likely than not it is driver input.
philth222.00