View Single Post
      10-03-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

5AP and 8S4 reversal for US LCI Cars

In know the LCI M2 has only been out a short while, but for those with the executive package (Adaptive LED Headlights & Automatic High Beams), has anyone tried to reverse the 5AP (Decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance) and 8S4 (Variable Light Decoding) decoding that's done on our cars?

Does anyone know if the US LCI 552 (Hex Corona) Headlights have the required masking or LED behaviour for No Glare High Beam (NGHB) and Variable Light Distribution (VLD) to work correctly?

My car is arriving in the US 10/22, and I'd love to get these features enabled if the hardware is there.

If I'm the first, I'd be happy to be a guinea pig for testing, but would need a small amount of hand-holding to learn E-Sys. I'm an engineer, so would be a fast learner, but looking through the threads about E-Sys, there are so many acronyms used with very little explanation. What I'm looking for ideally, is some information on how to backup settings and revert to factory US spec if I mess something up, and then some suggestions of what to try after that.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0