View Single Post
      10-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
WaMi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2 BSM

Emergency call malfunction after 1,200 mile service?

Just had my car in for the 1,200 mile service. As soon as I got it back I noticed a notification on the dash (yellow triangle). Going into notifications in iDrive this is what it shows (attached). It says, "Emergency call malfunction" I went back in and they brought a tech out who had absolutely no clue why it would do that as a brand new car or one that was just in for 1,200 mile service. He wanted me to leave the car again but I needed it for this weekend for a tint appointment, will bring it back in a few days, but just wondering what the heck is going on. Google wasn't that helpful, or maybe I didn't search well enough?

UPDATE 10/25/16: Seems like no one else has really had the same issue, so I'm updating this in case someone does down the line. I also realized my voice is not being recognized. It'll prompt me to say something but it will not recognize what I'm saying, even though it used to work before I took it in for the 1,200 mile service. Dropped the car off again. They're saying I now need my combox replaced and they're ordering one from Germany that should arrive in a week. No one is really sure what happened and it's just been frustrating.

UPDATE 11/04/16: New combox and microphone installed. Problem persisted. Battery for combox then replaced, problem fixed. All is good now
Attached Images

Last edited by WaMi; 11-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Update on original issue
Appreciate 0