View Single Post
      08-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #26
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

I'm having a good day regarding my wait-impatiently-forever orders! The custom Collings I ordered in February shipped from the Austin factory yesterday - should have it in 4 or 5 days. And ... I did my daily call to the 800 number today - finally got an update on my M2 production status.

My wk 33 car has entered production, estimated production complete on Aug 18.

As Aug 18 is indeed week 33, this confirms what this forum has always indicated: The build week is the week that the car completes production. As opposed to what BMW Genius will tell you - they continue to tell me that it's the week the car enters production.

So I'm a week 33 person whose car is actually keeping to the week 33 production-complete schedule. Yay! I think there are a number of other folks on this forum who are week 33 - suggest you call the 800 number to see if your status as updated. 800 831-1117, option 2.

Next OCD exercise will be to start tracking the boat. For fun, I will predict that I won't get on a boat until Aug 25. 30 days to Port Hueneme puts it on the ground in CA on Sep 24. At least a week - probably 10 days - to get through customs and trucked to dealer. If all goes well I'll have it in the 1st half of October.
Appreciate 0