Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2Seoul
Looks like our neighbors up north got spec sheet of the 2018 RS3 Sedan.

http://fourtitude.com/news/2018-audi...ricing-leaked/

Standard equipment, it seems as though the car is pretty fully loaded. Surprised that they're charging for the carbon fiber engine cover though. But standard package comes with diamond stitch "fine" nappa leather sport seats, led headlights, led taillights, pano roof, magnetic ride, audi virtual cockpit, rear view camera, etc. That's not bad at all.

I'm not an Audi fanboy, far from it, but I have to say that BMW has fallen waaay behind Audi in this aspect. The M2 gets cheap crappy dakota leather??? No led headlights or tailights, no magnetic ride, no vitual cockpit, no rear view camera standard...etc...

I can even make the argument that the legendary 5 banger in the Audi is far superior to the N55, which I know, here is heresy.

Especially, if the speculation about the price is true, I think the Audi is the better bang for the buck here. Before the argument is made that it's priced higher than the M2, but if you add the DCT to the M2, the M2 is actually much higher.

For sure, hands down, I admit the RS3 will never be as much fun as the M2, but you're definitely getting a lot more in terms of practicality and standard features for your money.
more practicality goes out the window when you're looking for a fun car. not many people get the M2 for practicality > fun. if you're looking for a practical and fun car, the M3 is killer.

I have a tuned S3 and it's decent but it doesn't hold a candle to the M3 I had .. and supposedly the M2 is even more fun so.. I don't think the RS3 will come close to the M2 in the giddy category.

I will say that launching a quick AWD is quite sweet and my kids are always telling me to do launch mode lol. it's also a sweet errand car, good on the highway, etc, but at the track it was nearly boring. the RS3 will surely be better but I doubt it would actually cross over into the "fun" side ....

ultimately, it'll be a good do-everything-well car. when whipping it around, I think it'll disappoint. hopefully I can test drive one and be proven wrong but I'm not holding my breath...
Slightly off topic, and thanks for the insight on the s3 as I'm considering an S3...I dunno why but two f30 cars and I'm a bit burned out.

But can you share how your tuned s3 fares in a roll race vs say a FBO M2 or like a FBO 335i or 340i? Just curious, they seem very very quick with an APR stage 2 or better.