09-12-2021, 03:08 PM   #41
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Like ZM2 and Megator said, reset the TPMS after you've set your cold pressures. If you changed wheels on track, start the reset before going out into the hot pits and let it reset while you drive on track. DSC will stay off. My cold pressures are usually 29-31psi depending on tire, and I've not had an issue so far.

I personally love the tire pressure and temp display as a learning tool while on track. For example, if the fronts are getting too hot (and have a high psi) abs the rears not close enough, I know I need to drive/turn more with the throttle and rear tires. And when the car starts to get greasy, I know exactly what pressure and temp are the limit for those tires, for the next time around. Never had this display in any car, and I like having it on track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
This weekend, I had no issues starting at 31-32 psi in the cool morning but had to drop the cold pressure in the afternoon to 28 due to the left front hitting mid 40s one session. At that point, I got the TPMS warning in the paddock and did a reset before going out on track. No issues from then on.

I agree to use the on-screen TPMS display while on track to monitor pressures. As soon as the tire would get over 40 psi or so, they'd get greasy and I'd have to back off a lap or 2. Most of the time that was the end of the session anyways.
So, it would appear that 28psi is the threashold??

So happy to have found this thread and thanks everyone for your contribution.
I get my car next week and will be tracking it soon.
I would definitely have been caught out by this.

I think I'll program a shortcut button for the reset.
Appreciate 0