View Single Post
      11-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #483
oalvarez
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPizzz View Post
Few months later-what do you guys think? I can buy an m2 for 2k off msrp. Wondering if i should wait out the CS. Only issue is I have a trade that’s depreciating and not sure whether dealers will mark up again....eh

Also worried if m2 will depreciate harder with the new release.
I have the same question as i'm about to place an order for one, but the more i read about the next release (actual car, not the possible "competition package option") the more i think that it would be ok to pull the trigger in the here and now. I suppose it all has to do with the buyer's budgetary limits and time itself. Or said another way, I personally do not want to spend more than $60k on this car, nor do i want to wait until mid/fall of 2018 for the next one. Do i want to lose more money on the current LCI model versus spending more on the CS that might depreciate less? Not really. Supply is seemingly catching up with demand, that's for sure, and discounts can now be had in some markets. I also think the horrendous lease residuals that BMW is using on the M2 may be helping to depress prices a tad as well. My guess is that there will be a line forming for the CS just as there was for the first model run, can't see why there wouldn't be. But I'm also of the opinion that there will always be a buyer waiting in the wings for a lower priced M2 due to affordability.

I really wish BMW would re-think its strategy around introducing new iterations so quickly and early in the product cycle.
Appreciate 1