View Single Post
      01-15-2017, 11:19 PM   #310
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Well, gents and ladies of week 43, this is the Last of the Mohicans, reporting in. Godot has arrived. Took delivery today, January 15. You do NOT want to know how that car looked after traveling cross country on a truck, and also obviously under another car that leaked oil. I was not a happy camper. Just about the polar opposite of the typical shiny dealer presentation with big red ribbons. Ridiculous.

Still, I'm happy to report after several hours that no permanent damage was done to the paint--and I looked hard. She's all cleaned up now, inside and out, and poised for the XPel wrap. Then, Opticoat Pro Plus. Then, the tweaking begins

Driving her around today, it's remarkable to me how familiar it all felt. The chassis was very very similar to my E36 M3 in feel. That had pretty hard aftermarket tranny and engine mounts, so there was more body vibration than with the M2. The clutch was not as bad as I remembered in the M4 I drove, but I still want a stiffer pedal and more positive gear engagement, so I'll be popping in a UCP and UUC SSK this next week. Measuring the distance between the bottom of the nose and the ground, and testing some driveways and bumps I normally encounter, I think I'll be able to get away with lowering it with some Eibachs, so I'll try those and accompanying spacers as well. Can always go back to stock if that doesn't work. Cosmetically, I'll be throwing on some cf exhaust tips I scored to match the diffuser, and maybe switching out the front grill surrounds to cf numbers I picked up from IND.

Other than that, it's get this baby to 1200 or so, and then install the Dinan Stage 4 kit I've got lined up. That should do it for awhile!

It's about bleepin' time. Glad I did it, but I do NOT want to do it again!!!
Appreciate 2