View Single Post
      01-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #50
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

The M2 is my fourth BMW and my second BMW M. I always had a weak spot for BMW M-models; except for the latest M3/M4 and the 1M could also no convince me 100% (did not like the styling inside and out and the brakes were not so good). I have a e46 325i wagon/touring (2004) and a lovely modified Z4M (CSL wheels, Bilstein PSS-10 suspension, AP BBK, etc) from 2006.

I really wanted a 981 Boxster Spyder or a 981 Cayman GT4 as my next car. For me that are the two car I would trade in my Z4M. There is a big price difference between my Z4M and the above Porsche models. Maybe one day I will own a more track dedicated car like a GT4 or Exige. Those cars are awesome and in my opinion a step above my 10 year old "modified" Z4M. I still love my Z4M and there is zero rush to replace the car. At the end of the day a GT4 or Spyder is a lot of money for a car that I use occasionally (weekends, free days) and sits in the garage most of the time like my Z4M. When I look at my current situation; I drive my e46 325i 80% of the time (daily car) and my Z4M 20% of the time (sun, fun & track).

Before buying another fun car (for driving on my free days) I decided that I wanted a new daily car to replace my 12 year old e46 325i M-tech estate/wagon. A daily that was fun, a bit more special and still practical for my needs of driving to work, to the store, ski trips, etc. A wagon/estate would be nice...but for me it is not 100% necessary because I don't have kids or a dog...

When making a "want to buy for daily use" list two used cars where taking the lead of my list; 2013 C63 AMG wagon & 2014 Alpina B3 touring Biturbo (no X-drive). Then there was the launch of the M2...every review was positive about the car but I was afraid that the M2 would feel to much as a small M4. In the summer of 2016 I decided to do a test drive (with manual & DCT). I ended up speccing out an M2 and ordering my first new car ever in my life. My new M2 was a little more expensive then a used C63 AMG or Alpina B3. The M2 will be with me in two days and it will be my new daily that replaces my old e46 325i... I'm exited about the idea of having two totally different M-cars in my garage and never expected this to happen. Whatever of the two M-cars I take it will always be a bit special and it's going be awesome

Last edited by Franzino; 01-02-2017 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
SoCalRob281.00