Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X3 30e

Charging Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
It's not going kill Tesla.

Tesla has a charger network Worldwide and owns their own battery factory.

BMW has major catching up to do, and is currently way behind in the BEV game
Hello
I am lucky to be on my third EV. A smart, 2015 REX and Now a 2017 REX. My other car is an X3d--2l--would love the 3l in the US for X3. I use the REX for all my short errands. Its wonderful. I love it.

Have a house in the mountains 200 miles away. Love to fill up the X3d and settle in for a 650 mile range without worrying about petrol. I can make the round trip easy and have something in the tank when I get back.

I have on a couple of occasions, I have taken the REX up to the mountain house. Its been great to keep the miles off the X3d. I must say, that the Charging Network is getting better, but its not in the same League as the BMW customer service we have come to know and love. There are a couple of networks here in the NE, EVgo and Chargpoin+. They are ok, but broken stations need to be fixed in a day or so, not several weeks. These Network folks need to develop an attitude that they are in a fight for their jobs with ICE and need to perform or they will go the way of the buggy whips. They need to have 6 or so stations like Tesla, not just one. When the single one is broken or in use, its a big problem to find another. I don't hear those kind of issues with the Tesla network. So for me, the network may be as important as the vehicle. I think that the networks need to up their game, particularly with many more EV set to need charging.

Every BMW dealer needs a multi fast charger in his front lot, along with the access card. Right now, I only know of one dealer in the Boston area that has Fast charging, and it is on Cape Cod. Many have slow charging, but its not the real deal. That will not get it done.

Bailyhill

PS: can't wait for the X3 electric soooooooon!
ORIGIN M.3160.50