View Single Post
      02-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #39
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma290 View Post
Just turned in my M4, and picked up my M2 this weekend. I'll post later with more experience as the new car smell decreases.

Initial impressions:
Size: The M4 was big. Bigger than it needed to be; really a GT that aspires to be sporty. I drive into the city often enough that the size of the M2 is an advantage. I am struck at how much smaller the car feels, in a good way.
Feedback: M2 is nimble. The M2 gives so much more feedback and feels quite planted. M2 is a big improvement over the M4 in that way.
Interior appearance: The M4 interior is so much nicer. I struggled during order and wait process with the downgrade interior of the M2... until I drove it. I spend way more time looking out than looking at the boring black seats. I can live with it no problem.

What do I miss from the M4:
Seats: Seats were more comfortable in the M4. I am hoping I get used to the M2.
Sound: I was one of few who somehow liked the sound of the M4. While I didn't hear the angels sing as I tore through a corner, I did like the raw anger. Although the M2 has a better engine note quality, it is more subdued from the inside.
The HUD: Even worked pretty well with sunglasses.
The power: I am missing a bit of the power and torque, but its not the end of the world. [I will be putting in the Dinan turbo, tune, exhaust, intercooler kit at break-in so take that with a grain of salt]
Fuel Tank: The tank goes for 15.9 gallons in the M4 to 13.7 gallons in the M2.

The car is my everything car (trip to AutoX, business, groceries), and so compromises are expected. I love driving actively so the M2 is a net improvement to me. Hope this helps!
Getting a downpipe and charge pipe too?
Appreciate 0