View Single Post
      01-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #35
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
Prior to my M2 purchase, I had a 991.1 GTS, and before that a 991.1 4S.

As the GTS lease was coming due, I took a 991.2 GTS for a test ride it just didn't do it for me. The chassis felt like they made it more "comfy" and the turbo motor while making nice power, didn't have that excitement of the screaming NA motor. As already mentioned, the GT3 fits what I want but I'm not ready to spend that amount of $$ for a new one.

So, I ended up with a 2000 mile used 2017 Performance Edition the dealer had on the lot and it will fill the gap until a nice used GT3 rolls into my dealers inventory.

I gotta say, the M2 is REAL FUN to drive on the street. It aint no 911, but the hooligan smiles it gives me has earned its spot in my garage and I no longer think of it as a "placeholder".
Kinda funny. I currently have a 991.1 GTS, 991.1 4S prior. Same cars as you.

I'm simply looking to downsize my car allowance a bit, feeling a bit guilty driving around a $100k DD. Just other things more important in life, plus some of the jealousy you get driving a $100k Porsche.

Which led me to the M2, GT350, or E92 M3.

Test drove the M2 today. Its not as well engineered as the GTS, nothing is as precise. Its like everything has a little rubber around it vs the GTS. Plus the NA motor just sounds sooo good behind you. So flat out the GTS is better at everything, and the back seats are fine for my kids the frunk is decent sized.

BUT is it $50k better? For my needs, no. I"m highly considering jumping into the M2 as its a fun all around car. I'm afraid of going back to the E92 due to the engine issues, even though my heart loves that V8.

I owned a 15 M3 for 5 months. The sound was crappy, and its just too BIG for fun backroads driving where I live in Nashville. If I lived in a city "grid" I would go M3. But if you want a backroads carver that sounds decent then M2.

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 1