View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #173
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
100 miles from, not round trip. I do up to 600 miles a day.
So you have a ICE car that can go 600 miles a fill-up? Like a 4 cylinder turbo diesel? Or do you really spend $50-70 a day just on fuel with multiple fill-ups each day?

EV is clearly not for you. Heck if I was you, I'd reconsider a lot of life choices. 600 miles a day is commercial truck driver range. I believe there are laws in place for commercial truck drivers not to exceed 8 hours of driving, and at 600 miles (average 70mph) you would exceed that. You're basically spending 1/2 of your waking hours driving (and not working). Highly inefficient and frankly, a huge waste of time.

Honestly, you should move closer to "work." But hey, if you want to drive 600 miles a day, that's up to you. Maybe you have extenuating circumstances. It's just, even if that 100 mile per trip/600 mile per day driving is for work, I would seriously reconsider the choice, unless you drive for a living.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0