Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post

Tesla Model S BASE: 250mile range.
Tesla Model S P100D: 365mile range.
Tesla Model X Base: 240mile range.
Tesla Model X P100D: 350mile range.
Chevy Bolt: 265mile range.

Upcoming Tesla Model 3 BASE: 240-260mile range.

Plenty to cover a 200 mile round trip.

Look, I get it. Some (most) of you are anti EV. But just because you're against something doesn't mean you have to spew uninformed, uneducated BS. Don't like EV? Don't get one. But don't tell those of us who has it that it won't work because "your commute" is over 100 miles. There are multiple models out now that will cover as many miles as their gasoline alternatives, and more on the way.

And in all reality, a very HIGH percentage of EV owners are upper middle class (EV is the new "luxury class" today). Vast as in, I believe, at one point California's Clean Energy commission, the organization that doles out the $2,500 rebate checks, released a study that shows something like over 80% of EV buyers who claim the credit has household income well in excess of $100,000. While that's not a measure for success, in my practical experience, those of us who DO drive EVs are typically a lot more successful than your average 'Murican. Like SIGNIFICANTLY more so. As in we typically live in households where there's more than 1 car for every car driving adult.

So for all the cases of "hey, what happens when *I* have to go to my remote cabin where there's no electricity?" Well, shoot. I'd take my 335D. Or "the pure EV won't last 5 laps on Cal Speedway." Heck why take the EV when I have one of the greatest handling BMW ever made in the MZ4 Coupe to the track?

Again. IN REALITY. ALL of the people I know on my block, all my friends who drive pure plug in EVs, all of us have at least 2 more cars in the garage for OTHER purposes. So for anyone decrying the drawbacks of EVs, you are all looking at it from the wrong perspective. A pure plug-in EV is an incredible complimentary car to what is already in the garage. It's a perfect daily commuter, it saves me anywhere between $120-250 per month on having to pay for gas, it saves me anywhere from 15-30 minutes a day on my commute (California white HOV stickers), where time literally IS money. And if I need to drive to Nor Cal for work or for leisure? There's the 335D, where I can ALMOST drive all the way to San Jose AND back on a single tank of diesel. And if I need to burn some rubber and carve some curves? There are maybe a few dozen car(s) on the planet that can beat the joy that comes from taking a apex at speed in the MZ4 Coupe.

But frankly I wouldn't want to use the MZ4 Coupe on my daily 2-2.5 hour long drive through So Cal traffic, nor do I want to take the 335D unless I can use the carpool lane (and I don't because frankly, I can't stand having passengers in my commute).
100 miles from, not round trip. I do up to 600 miles a day.
Appreciate 0