Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
As a consumer its a royal pain in the arse

5 mins to fuel up CI/ICE engine vs 15 TIMES that period of time for an EV?

As a consumer I dont want a car that goes "wooooosh"......I think most people are in boat as evidenced by aftermarket exhaust sales.

As a consumer. CI/ICE engines are a mature, cost effective technology that sound and operate amazingly well......I'm not particularly interested in buying a car that doesnt do what existing solutions do from a performance, experience and cost perspective.

I'm sure someone will be along immanently to tell me that the technology will get there......

Ok.....when its there feel free to let me know......until then I'll enjoy my existing car

If someone wants an EV thats their choice......just dont try to force your choice onto other people.
I only spend 30-40 min max when on the road trip
No Tesla owners would be wasting time to top it off to 100%
And as a real consumer, i now spend a lot less time charging, than i used to with my ICE cars. I plug in in my garage. Everytime you go to gas station you have to spend time, including driving there. It adds up when you do this every week or more often.
In those road trip cases where my charging is slower than your fillup, i dont mind. By the time i need to charge, my kids need break. So stoping on supercharger for 30min is just perfect time to get everyone to use bathroom and sometimes snack. And i dont pay for it

But, this is now. As soon as superchargers become more powerful it'll cut time to 10min or so. It could be as soon as this or next year
Argument of charging vs gassing up will become mute point
Appreciate 0