View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #157
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I used the f bomb to show the sillyness of poppycock. I almost never use it but i have seen it used repeatedly even in post titles. Not my style typically.
I would ask that if you see threads with titles that violate forum rules, please report them using the "!" found in the lower left corner of every post.

Quote:
Computers follow Van Meel pretty well. But using that assumption for other tech is dubious at best. Look at fuel cells as an example or fusion reactors. The crossover to apply it outside computer tech isn't there.
You're right, its not a slam dunk, there is no free lunch, and nothing is guaranteed at this point. And I certainly agree that pollutants and contaminants resulting from the acquisition of materials necessary to create batteries as well as those caused by the creation of the batteries themselves are as real as the pollution and emissions resulting from the acquisition and refining of oil as well as those that come from the tailpipes of today's ICE powered vehicles. Regardless of the path we take to get there, I think that everyone can agree that pollution isn't ideal for the planet and reducing it is a good thing. I think most of us would also acknowledge that the move away from oil-powered automobiles need not and will not stop at today's prevailing implementations. We should all be hopeful that someday we can fill up with a tank of water and be on our way. Or perhaps some other solution even better than that.
Appreciate 0