View Single Post
      11-27-2020, 08:38 AM   #2529
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Generally speaking, yes it's safe, but as with anything in life there is some risk. If you were to code and have the process fail because of a connection issue or something there is a chance you would need to visit the dealer for an istep update to overwrite any bugs in the car's code. This has happened to me once, they gave me a slap on the wrist and updated my car for free and just said if it happened again they'd charge me $150. Nothing mentioned about the warranty so in my experience coding is a non-issue. My dealer is aware of all my mods but every dealer is different and some people may consider coding to be a breach of warranty. As far as enforcing that, I have no idea if they can. Worst case scenario you could always go to a third-party shop or a coder that knows what they're doing if you encountered an issue and needed an update, it doesn't have to be a dealership.

Long story short: You can/should use it in my opinion. It has some great features. I've only had one hiccup in 4 years and have coded a ton of things that make the car better/easier to live with.
Appreciate 2
CFO280.00