11-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #2
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
I was hopping I can do a Euro delivery on the coming M2 Competition this summer. The 2 dealers around me said they don't do Euro Delivery on an M car. They said they are not willing to take the MSRP discount on Euro Delivery as that count toward their allocations and they can sell these cars at MSRP if not more so they are not willing to take a hit on those sales. Is that true? anyone planning on a Euro Delivery M2 Competition? I want to hear what others have been told by the dealers around them. Thanks
Judging by numerous posts on the Bimmerpost forums, many M-Cars have been sold by ED (erectile dysfunction delivery) :-)

There may be some advertising value to a dealer in having an unsold M2 on the sales floor, that can't be ruled out, however the supply-demand curves for the M2 appear to be meeting now, and your dealer might not have the right attitude in this current sales environment.

I remember when the 2015 STi came out, the dealers were all jacking the prices up with market adjustments and the cars were just sitting on their lots. Finally someone like me showed up with the money to buy one, and after weeks sitting on the lot they were just delighted to move the damn things, at whatever price. When I showed up at the Subaru dealer looking at that car, there was no way those salesmen or the F&I guy were going to let me walk off their lot without having bought that thing. Believe it or not, BMW salesmen and sales managers are cut from the same cloth.

That's the car business, the bloom comes off the rose pretty quickly and with surprising regularity.
Appreciate 0