View Single Post
      10-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #23
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I think to be honest I'm in the 'Feel sorry for you' camp.

I think the OP makes some fair points about a dealership being a business, and there are people that will be happy paying over MSRP and / or with LoJack on the car.

The problem is, this forum only has true BMW enthusiasts on it. Many of us are prepared to drive a long way, perhaps even out of state, and / or wait a long time to order a vehicle at MSRP, or below if you're very lucky. I am one of those guys, and I've been waiting for my car since early July.

I personally wouldn't be interested in an M2 loaded with the M Performance Package or with LoJack, but I recognise that it's business, and if dealers want to do that, I can't say it's wrong; it's just their choice. The over MSRP and loaded dealer order cars do seem to happen more in CA than other states, but it's also one of the most expensive states to do business in, and one of the states with wealthier customers who will stand this behaviour; again, it's business.

The only thing the OP did wrong was to mis-understand the kind of customers on this forum. We're not nasty people, though I think we came off that way to him, but we are perhaps more sensitive to deals and dealer treatment.

To be fair to the OP, his offer is better than many CA dealers are offering for an in stock, ready to go vehicle.

Give the guy a break, and OP, I hope the lesson learned is not that bimmerpost forum members are rude and agressive, rather that it's going to have to be a good deal compared to what we're paying for our cars in order for us to perceive it as such. You saying it's a great deal, and it being a OK deal compared to some other CA dealers doesn't make it a great deal on here.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 4
ZPrime611.50
hoyasaxa702.00
Josh K8.50
COLOM210.50