08-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #37
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Got mine last week. I love the car. Other than FWD the best way to describe is how people understand the E46 vs M2. This civic type R is like the Evo vs CTR. I don't know at the limits but at 80% it turns in like the evo with less scrubb and the turning radius sucks like the evo also.

My friend brought over the focus RS and I like the CTR more. Basically better seats, great shifter feel, less artificial, and way more interior room and better quality. This car just feels faster than the RS.

The most high performance fwd I've driven was the Fiesta ST. This type r takes the top spot now IMHO. The only thing going with the Fiesta ST was the turning radius, steering feel and raw feel. Other than that the CTR is better. Chassis feels more sorted and planted.

I was impressed with the M2 and now I'm impress with the CTR just as much. The CTR is a really good FWD car and based on feel off throttle I like the civic better but when powering I like the rwd feels better. Between the two cars if you're on a budget go with the CTR. If you can afford the M2 it's the nicer car with I drive and better quality dealer to work with. The problem is that the M2 is not $20k better especially the driving feel, performance, and driving excitement is close.
The M2 is definitely 20K better looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post

Good write up. The extra 20K isn't for the performance, it's for the fit and finish, grown up interior, and the fact that it's not a civic which are all non performance related. It looks way too boy racer for me, the RS was bad enough but this is over the top.
Exactly. Agree on the boy racer.. pretty much across the entire civic line but this Type R is way too much " show " even if it has the " go" to back up all the looks. I've been a fan of nearly Honda Accord Hatch/ Civic Si/Integra Type R ... since the late 80s but can definitely say I made the right choice choosing a used E30 M3 over buying a new mid 90s Acura integra Type R.

Twenty years from now I would take the same bet. Give me a used M235i/M240 ( let alone an M2 ) vs this 2017 CIVIC TYPE R one hundred times out of one hundred chances.
Appreciate 2
StefanV35.00
ORIGIN M.3160.50