06-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #40
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
After examining the roof weight section of this compelling 7 1/2-year-old video test, I came to the following conclusions:

1. Adding a 9-pound weight to the top will make your car faster in an autocross, to the tune of perhaps .051 second. (That's 51 thousands of a second, which is enough to give you a few inches of nose across the yard of bricks for the win at the Indy 500.)

2. You car will feel significantly different with the extra weight on the roof, sort of like your eye feels weird all day after the doctor tells you it might feel a little itchy after you poked it. (You just can't ignore it!)

3. WeatherTech has the right materials - maybe they could develop high-speed, all-weather moonroof mats for high-performance vehicles. (I get dibs on the patent - and I may even change my User Name to MoonRoof Matt.)

So, if you see an M2 go by with a watermelon wedged into the moonroof hole, you'll know I'm on my way to set Fast Time of the Day at the next autocross.

C'mon guys - this has been fun, but really? I trust my butt dyno, but this is over the top.
Appreciate 1
bollinm25.00