View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #32
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
Let's get real, the RS is severely overhyped.

A 2.3L, turbo, AWD, 4 banger is only good for quick 0-40 times. The DSG Golf R is faster in a straight line than the RS. Unless you live at the track, the RS will be underwhelming.

I'm sick of these track comparisons to be honest, lets see some real world results. The M2 has got it beat in exterior/interior quality, sound, looks, feel, power, etc. Okay, the RS wins in utility

Hell, I bet currently the M2 is cheaper than the RS! With Ford's ridiculous $5-$10k markups they about equal out in price.

Ford has been really hyping up and marketing this car aggressively, I would honestly take the Golf R over the RS.
M2 is much faster in a straight line but the RS will be pretty darn good in the corners.

Also there's no way in hell a RS costs more than a M2. You can get a RS at MSRP or 1-3K over easy. The MSRP is 15K less than the M2 base for base and some dealers are charging 10K over for M2's as well.

For a car that costs that much less to be that good is impressive. I have my radar on the RS and M2 as my next daily, whichever one I can get first will be the winner.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 05-09-2016 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0