02-22-2024, 06:50 AM   #61
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
Thanks for reminding me of the power supply, I'll do my research, I have a CTEK charger but that's not a power supply.

Rear diff oil - you encouraged me to DIY, the only concern is the smell (heard it's terrible, now I am curious to know how terrible it is). TheHunterHofman shared a great video on his channel, thanks!

For DCT oil change, based on this video

seems to be a job too complicated for beginners. I'll just get my trusted indie workshop to do it, do you recommend replacing the filters (2) and the transmission oil pan (DCT) every time (I'd assume so)? I've heard people doing transmission oil flush in between 2 proper jobs, don't think it's worth the risk.
Gear oil smells horrible, sewage and garbage smells way worse so it's bad but tolerable. Probably best to be in a well ventilated space because these fumes are likely not good for your health.

Yeah change the filters every time just to be safe. For the pan, the only reason why you have to replace it is if you're unable to source the seal separately or damage the plastic pan. If you upgrade to an aluminum pan then it's only a matter of finding a new gasket everytime. I think rock auto sells it but I am not certain since I haven't bothered looking (i own a 6mt so I honestly don't put too much effort in learning about the dct).