Thread: Coilovers
View Single Post
      04-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #7
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

JRZ performs well, but I went through three sets and I'm not alone. Google JRZ broken and you will find tons and tons of results. MCS has every bit of dampening ability and higher construction quality. On the non-remote reservoir 2 ways, the MCS single knob to adjust compression/rebound without laying under the car and screwing around with the JRZ adjustment system is worth another $500 for sheer convenience in my opinion. Adjusting compression on the rear JRZs is difficult and I have broken multiple tools/screwdrivers/picks/etc because the wheel is poorly designed and will seize up. Ohlins makes great stuff but their premade kits are street focused and under sprung for the track. Parts availability is also not great.

I have been through this several times now and have learned that if you are putting a race-spec aftermarket suspension on your car (not the usual KW or Bilstein stuff), local support trumps everything else. JRZ/MCS/Motons/Penske/Ohlins are all close enough in performance that I would buy whichever one had a local shop to rebuild and support me. You buy MCS and you pick up a phone and you are talking to an American, with American made parts, that ship out of America. You go with JRZ...have fun communicating with the Netherlands. JRZ in the US tried to support me but bottom line is those guys can only do so much, they are at the mercy of the guys overseas.
Appreciate 0