View Single Post
      10-31-2016, 06:59 PM   #73
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

FWIW, cross referencing to the recurrent limp mode issue recently reported by forum fellow MR.: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1317706

Issue not resolved yet, but the recent installation of Akrapovič DPs on his M2 is a hypothesis worth investigating too, amongst others.

Bottom line: OP, fit the stock DPs again and let us know whether the limp mode still occurs on your M2.

Some excerpts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Last week I drove back home on the autobahn. I was going across the highway doing speeds between 210 and 270 kmh, but while doing so I experienced over a period of two days time a total of four limp modes. The car went into limp mode at speeds between 210 and 270.
Today I went to my dealer asking for a read out of the error messages. The dealer needed the car for two hours to do this. I was like uh wait get me a computer and I will do the readout myself. The desk mechanic put the car on a bridge and looked underneath it and said nothing looks wrong...
I was like: and would you be able to "Get the computer, please". He walked back to his desk and started to write a report asking me to hand over the car for a two hour check with five different points they would need to walk through. I said "Leave it, I am going to a tuner".
Ended up at a local tuner, connected the computer and found the error messages! They said: Charging pressure control, plausibility pressure too high and Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence.
The charging pressure sensor got a value which is higher than the nominal value and so the car went into limp mode. I can easily reproduce it by doing those top speeds and keep pushing the car.
Any thoughts on this forum what this could be related to? Any input is welcome. I am collecting as much information as possible to get the best possible reply to the dealer so that they know how to fix it.
MR
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
First , please advise what mods your vehicle has that deviate it from stock, if any. Down pipe, tune , whatever.
Why did you have a tuner pull the codes instead of the dealer ? Isn't the car under warranty ? Or perhaps the answer to my query above is that the car isn't stock ..?
Quote:
Akrapovic downpipe + catalytic converter and full titanium exhaust and that are all the technical changes. Nothing else is fitted to the car that influences the drive train. There is no tune or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Did your M2 ever go into limp mode during Autobahn stints before all Akra gear was installed ?
Quote:
Nope, but there is no guarantee that after 10K km with downpipe and exhaust fitted, it could be related. You cannot exclude it, but you also cannot say it is the case. The time between both Autobahn runs is more than 1.5 months, so there is no immediate correlation and we drove the M2 up to its ultimate max during those weeks. Maybe something broke down, who knows...
There is also no fixed answer to it yet until the right people look at it, we have found it and come up with right answer. At this moment I am just investigating all the options and asking here if anyone experienced the same. When I find it, I will report the result here so that we can learn from it.
And since Romo reported something similar you cannot exclude anything, so let's wait and see what comes in more. At this moment all the options are still open for me.