Tumbleweeds78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Ok, so one other dealer is within reasonable service range - you can tell the requested dealer you'll take your service business to that one (i.e., 'lie' ) if they won't do courtesy delivery for free - as you correctly point out, there is pretty much zero effort required on their part - they only have to allow the truck driver to unload & park it on their lot, accept a piece of paper, and secure your key fob. That's it - feel free to point that out. (It won't come with white sheeting on it since it's an ED car.) Asking for a fee for courtesy delivery is offensive.
So when I assume that I'm requesting a minimum-effort delivery, I'm not being naive or underestimating the task. It really is that simple - they really aren't doing very much and I'm not being unreasonable thinking that years of maintenance/service in exchange for this small amount of work is win-win for both of us. Thanks bobert, this info sort of gives me peace of mind that I'm not out of line, and that I'm not making an unfair proposition to this dealer. I want to be fair, but it feels like paying for delivery in this particular situation isn't really fair.
I purchased my M2 from a dealership in Florida and took delivery of it in NY. The dealership that provided the courtesy delivery did far more work than the selling dealership and they didn't charge me a dime. The order was placed over the phone and my car was shipped from Germany directly to NY. The FL dealership mailed the selling documents to the NY dealership, where I signed them and left with my car.

So basically the NY dealership had to prep the car for delivery, have a sales person (who wasn't getting the commission) sit down with me and sign the documents, go over the features of the car, fill the gas, and send me on my way. Honestly, I would've been okay paying a fee in this situation.

Since you're doing an ED, your local dealership probably doesn't have to do much as you already mentioned. In that case a $1000 is kinda ridiculous. It may cost less just to have it shipped from TX to your home.
Appreciate 1