bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Lol, you got me there !!
While nothing is confirmed, I think we can safely assume it will be a 6 cylinder now (don't know which one) because the only source that has been saying I4 has now retracted and quietly changed his tone to now speak of a potential 2er Tii with the 4 cylinder instead of the M2...

Personally, I never believed a word of it, I think the whole 4 cylinder rumor was a sleazy ploy to push customers who want the 6 cylinder into an M235 or an M4 now and then make them upgrade to the M2 when it comes out.. Remember the comments about the M4 needing space !!

My guess is that there never was even a drawing of an S20 4 cylinder such as the one we were led to believe would power the M2 and the X1M
+1

Now I'm just wondering if I lease the M235i for 3 years, will I be screwed if the M2 comes out in 2 years. I don't want to miss out on the M2. But if it will not be limited, which I'm 90% sure since BMW is about $$$, then I would prefer the second year of the M2. 2nd year may include better options such as a competition package, etc.
Appreciate 0