12-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #173
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Certainly the market has changed but m2s have not yet flooded the lots. I keep checking around Seattle so my parents can go see one, but they're pretty much never in stock. Last weekend there were two on dealer lots, one bring used. Today those are gone and just two private sales, 1500 miles for 61k and 10k miles for 54k.

Now obviously if people are getting off MSRP on new the market is not the same as when I bought 11 months ago, but the m2 hasn't quite caught up to demand everywhere.

As I have said before, I expect the s55 version to wreck the n55 value. Wonder the price a year from now between a MY17 240 and an m2?
I'm sure in areas like Seattle, SF Bay, LA the cars still move a bit quicker, but the overall picture has changed. As far as the two sales you've mentioned; it proves that there are fools out there that make impulsive and/or emotional purchases. Or they rather pay a little more to buy from a local dealer, or have not done their homework.

Did a quick search and narrowed the criteria to cars with less than 3000 miles and under $52k (asking) price. I bet you'd be surprised to hear that there were still 30 cars to chose from.
Appreciate 0