Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
I just called BMW looking to see if they'd take a deposit on the CS, and was told it's not coming to Canada.
Can anyone else confirm this?
I contacted my dealer who is the sales manager at BMW Toronto and he told me the same thing. Big bummer as I was hoping for something smaller and more involved than my current 2015 M3, yet something more special than a standard M2.

In the same message, he did mention BMW Canada has confirmed an M4 CS, so that is positive.
I don't understand the mixed messages. The left hand doesn't know from the right hand.
I understand the secrecy around the technical speculations and the design specifics, but I don't understand the poor communication around distribution and delivery.
I waited 10months for my car, it was painful (lots of delivery changes) and I'm guessing BMW didn't care about the experience because there was someone right behind me in line, cash in hand.
The car was definitely worth the wait, but seriously turned me off BMW sales. My wife's X5 diesel, was an excellent sales experience.
I would think that BMW would want the enthusiasts to 'brag' about their experiences and drive 'the ultimate driving machine' to promote more sales.
I seriously need to 'feel the love' on my next car purchase...
Perhaps my expectations of a car company are too high, why am I so eager to give BMW my money... it must be the little boy in me that comes out as I grin like an idiot in the corners ... I guess.

I can't believe you haven't figured out the difference between purchasing an M2... at a time when it was THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE PLANET versus a diesel X5 that's commonly sold all over....

If you think the "poor communication around distribution and delivery " is unique to your M2 purchase experience .. Perhaps you are simply a little too used to rollouts of cellular phone models.

In the event you've never worked in retail.. I can tell you that that whether it's Starbucks, Best Buy , Prada, high quality cigars or a BMW dealer .. there are often times when a truck shows up with product that was completely unexpected.

Another person on this board posted today that their M2 arrived five weeks EARLIER than anticipated !

Four years ago I wanted the best darn plasma tv on the market. Let me tell you about "poor communication ".. it happened for months. I ended up taking the demo from the floor because it was in demand and supply had dried up so quickly. It's a good thing that I did as the big box store I was using never got any more. Guess what. It still looks AWESOME !

If you seriously need to " feel the love " from a dealer just because you purchased a *car* ..

Head right on over to your Lexus dealer ... they will give you all the that your bruised ego needs !

Once you've looked around the lot a bit, I have a feeling you'll be right back at a BMW lot.

PS. BMW doesn't need M2 owners to brag about their sales experience ( oh lord - is this really something to talk about with friends ?) .. I am sure they are doing just fine with all the media reviews and M2 buyers that are thrilled that they actually got ... THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE PLANET !
Appreciate 0