07-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev
With all the talk of limited allocations, dealer markups, etc. I thought I would stop by Hendrick's at lunch today.... even though my 435i Gran Coupe lease isn't up for ~11 months.

The CA told me they had ONE SLOT left for 2017. (Either I was lucky or was a pitch to get my $1k deposit). But since there was ZERO dealer markup, I went ahead and priced out my MANUAL SHIFTING model and took out my credit card.

I only wish I could get the backup camera w/o the full exec package, but went ahead and selected it (we don't need heated steering wheels here in SC!). I didn't opt for the DRIVERS PACKAGE, but the CA told me I could still get the car at the performance center. Really?

CA is thinking the car might take 9-12 months to bake. Really?

Anyone here with experience know how my lease PULL FWD option would work should the M2 be ready before my lease is up?

thanks in advance.

BTW, I stopped by Palmetto Ford on the way just to see if they had a GT350 on the show floor. They did actually. Sure enough: dealer markup of $19,995 right next to the sticker! Bah, hum bug!
Lol you just put yourself on the list bro. If they had an allocation you would be given a production number on the spot. I suggest you put yourself on other dealer's lists, and when you are handed an actual allocation with a production number, pull your deposits back from the rest of the dealers, As far as how the lease pull ahead would work; you'd basically pay the rest of your lease payments- buy the car from BMW- then sell the car to your dealership (its not as complicated , dealer does all that in 1 shot but its basically how it works) . It would depend what your car is worth , you could be up $ or you could be down $. EDIT:Sometimes, if they are running pull ahead programs, they would credit some of the remaining payments to your deal, basically eating some of those payments for you