View Single Post
      11-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #38
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWERE9 View Post
I think the problem is I am a bit of a quiet guy so I don't cause problems. I am thinking my SA screwed up by not getting the claim submitted timely. I didn't want to toss him under the bus but I have been slowly trying to ramp it up. I talked with the manager and he has been unaware of the problem (So he said). The problem I had was he was there when they washed the car and we discovered the damage. He should have taken care of it right then but he was talking getting it buffed or painted. I am not really in the paint your brand new wheel.

Goodish news I got in touch with BMW's European Delivery group as I figured they procured the freight insurance. They informed me that their team is investigating it and will contact the dealership to get it resolved. Bad part is I probably wont hear from them for a week.
Check my post #31 above.. I had a damaged wheel as well. I also had it delivered with a nick in the door handle. As youll read, everybody saw the door handle nick at delivery and they arranged for the body shop to repaint the handle a week later. I didnt even notice the wheel damage til a month after delivery... I spoke to the service manager and showed him the damage. They replaced the wheel for me and would handle the insurance claims, whatever, AFTER they made me, the customer whole. This is how it should be.. You need to man up and DEMAND a replacement.. Not a repair. And if they stall or try to steer you in another direction you need to contact BMWUSA and tell them whats going on.. What you are going through with this whole thing is unconscionable, and you need to drive this harder, and let them know youll take action if they dont do the right thing. Same thing if they try to hide behind insurance company delays, etc. Tell them thats not your problem, and if they have issues with their claim, to deal with that AFTER theyve ordered and installed your replacement. Enough with this!