Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2TT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
We are telling you he will be able to measure a change in the surface but it is not a warp but built up material. You can pick who you want to believe but the solution is up to you also. It wouldn’t hurt to get some good track pads (if you plan on tracking in the future) and seeing if they can remove the residual. If not most have to replace the rotor. That happened to a buddy . at this point prevention is the key, pick the proper pads and fluid for your use. And switch as needed. Cheap insurance and you’ll have a better track day on the correct pads.
I already picked some good pads, fluid and brake lines.

I'm just "afraid" of using new pads with a potentially warped rotor.
If I knew for certain it was material buildup it would be an easy choice. But I'm reticent due to the mechanic telling me he doesn't believe it's other thing but the rotor itself.
I took a very close look at it and the first contact appears to be the rotor itself and nothing else on top.

It's not that I doubt you or the mechanic, it's just it appears there's no way of telling for certain, unless I am up to scratching the new pads.
Take it from me, you have excess OEM pad material unevenly distributed on your rotors. I had this exact same issue when I tracked my M2 with OEM pads. The rotors are not warped. Believe me I've been there. Once the OEM rotors got cleaned up by running Pagid RS29s on the street for a couple of weeks I now swap pads between track events. Easy to do and once you get it down it only takes 40 minutes including the time it takes to jack up the car and remove the wheels.