View Single Post
      06-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #827
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Here we go again.
The matrix has reloaded in which the same comments that came in the waiting period for the 1er M Coupe in regards to its just an M235i with a tune mirror its just a 135i with a tune from a few years back.
If you still think the 1er M Coupe is a 135i with a tune then you have never driven the 1er M Coupe because if you jump straight into a 1er M Coupe from a 135i you know instantly , you feel instantly and then there is the all important goosebumps as 1er M Coupe continues to be a very sensual car as well as respected its a future classic.
I have not driven the M2 but those that have testify to the same philosophy that its is not just a more powerful M235i and that character and behaviour is in a league of its own.
I am not as close to M2 as I was to 1er M Coupe so I can only update on what I hear or what I see in the FIZ car park but it is an exciting looking car, more muscular and pronounced than the M235i as well as using a new direction of function through form with its dramatic aerodynamics that make sure that it's not just an M235i in appearance.
We will learn more this Summer.
"The M2 has no S55 engine" - "The M2 has non-impressive power figures" - "The M2 should have 400hp" - "The M2..." - etc.