View Single Post
      08-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
The dlink has night vision. I think most of them do now. Depending on how many cameras it can be had for under $1k. The cameras are around $80-$100 each. The hard drive is $60 bucks. The DVR is maybe $69. Used cameras are less, maybe $39 on amazon for HD and night vision.
It's one thing to have "night vision". It's another to have an actually good picture/video when it's in use. Not all cameras are created equal. That's why you pretty much get what you pay for.

If you want to see what good night vision performance looks like, go to this website: www.networkcameracritic.com .

While the cameras reviewed are some what old now, the reviewer (RIP) posted both still frame pictures and video of the night vision performance of the cameras he reviewed. His review of the Hikvision cameras is what swayed me to having these cameras installed in my home.
Appreciate 0