Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BSM M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman411 View Post
Took my car in last week for the same alignment issue pulling to the right. Tech took a look, and with the advise of BMW tech, they are replacing the steering knuckle (i have no idea what this is). They think it has to do with the positive camber but my car is already at the maximum and couldn't be adjusted any further. So, apparently, a replacement steering knuckle will fix that and allow the camber to be adjusted correctly. or something to that effect.

i'll see what happens next week when i pick up the car.

btw, do you guys hear ticking sounds from underneath the car after it fully warms up? I'm guessing its the exhaust and the metal expanding/contracting from the heat. dealer says this is normal and that since the m2 lacks insulation it is more apparent inside the car. just wanted to confirm with you guys if this is indeed normal.
I hear the ticking sounds. Sometimes I almost think it's the roof, but agree it's coming from under the car. I think it's normal. Not worried about it.

Also, I sometimes have thought my car is pulling right, but it seems to be the crown of the road causing it in most instances. I'm not worried about it. This car is so amazing I'm not going to let my typical OCD ruin any of the experience.
Appreciate 0