captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
While I was reading your first paragraph, my mind was thinking what you wrote in your second paragraph.

If there's one think that we can count on BMW doing, its ignoring feedback from the customer. I suppose they think they can't please everybody anyway, so why not set their own direction. In general, that strategy works pretty well for them.

Are they ignoring feedback from the customer?

If fewer and fewer buyers are opting for the MT I would consider that feedback from the customers. For the past few years BMW has been the best selling so called "Luxury" brand so they must be pleasing someone. It may not be you or me or many of the posters here but we do not represent the mass market and BMW has become a mass market brand.

I am sure most of the people here are going to buy the car they want with little concern over whether BMW will stop offering a particular option that they are not interested in.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 06-19-2017 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0