Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8566 View Post
The MSD deal is even better than what's portrayed here - it's a 9-10% TAX FREE return on your money. It's impossible to beat this deal anywhere!! (Not for nothing, this time around I bought my 17' M2 instead of leasing it).
On how much principle though? I mean, I get it that it's percentages, and earning a 10% return tax free sounds ZOMG AMAZING, but we're usually talking about somewhere in the area of $5k - $6k in deposits. The rate of return is great, but it's not like I can drop $50k in there so I can make some decent money.

My point was really about keeping it in perspective. The MSD thing was nice, but it's not the deal breaker that everyone is making it out to be. If it was, then why did you buy your M2 instead of leasing it? I suspect it had something to do with the positively dismal residual values. Which really underscores my point: the MSD rate reduction was a nice perk, but that's all it was. It's not as important as the other factors that go in to a lease payment.
I was just stating a fact - I don't disagree with anything you said. The other simple fact is that the msd savings typically equated to saving a month of lease payments annually. Nothing wrong with that, but as someone stated above, deals change all the time. It is what it is so to speak. And yes, I bought the M2 because the lease deal was horrific.
Attached Images