View Single Post
      04-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #134
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
I'm just somebody who's lived it and has seen the impact something like this has. Local sales here have taken a hit, especially now that BMW is starting to slowly relax the BMW Advantages they once had. There were certain things that over the years, I've had loyal owners talk to me about and why they keep coming back. The cost difference between a Mercedes and a BMW really isn't all that much anymore and the only thing these days that separates the two is design.

BMW's playing it safe and boring, while Mercedes is knocking their designs out of the park. Sporty, yet elegant. The new 5 series, looks really good, but it doesn't really stir your soul. It doesn't really look like a lot of time was put into the design of the car. Especially if you owned an F10. I'm frustrated because the brand that I've loved for so long(since 1993) just isn't holding itself at the standard that was set years ago.

A BMW is a great car, but the factors that use to separate the brand from the others just aren't there anymore.
Couldn't agree more. I have no desire to own any current BMW model, something unheard of to be said 10-15 years ago from me.
Appreciate 1